Download vs. Instant Play Casino Games
Most online casinos in Canada allow you to choose how you want to access their games, whether to downloaded and install the casino as a program, or to play in browser with an instant play format. Instant play casino games might be flash or HTM5-based, and there are advantages and disadvantages to both of these.
Rather than looking at that right now though, we’re going to focus on whether you should be playing instant play games in the first place, or rather choose to download and install the online casino software that you want to play at in Canada instead. We’ve put together the pros and cons of both options for you right here.
Advantages of Download Casinos
- Some casinos offer the download option only, and have worked hard to perfect it and ensure it is 100% safe. If you choose these online casinos, you can trust that you’re in great hands
- Downloaded casino games tend to run faster than their instant play counterparts, and to have better graphics and sound quality too. This is because nothing is being drawn from the internet; everything is already embedded within the software
- After successfully downloading your chosen casino you’ll be able to access its games instantly.
- Additionally, downloading casino software usually gives you access to a greater number of games and features.
Disadvantages of Downloaded Casinos
- They can take up a lot of memory space on your hard drive. This becomes even more of a problem when you want to play regularly at more than 1 online casino.
- Uninstalling the software can be very difficult and time-consuming; the casino doesn’t want you to leave so they won’t help you do so.
- Your computer is exposed to viruses.
- The software is only accessible on the device on which the casino is installed.
Advantages of Instant Play Casinos
- No clogging up your hard drive.
- It might be the only option if you use certain operating systems or devices.
- You can access your online casino account from any machine that has Internet access, and can therefor play across devices, as preferred.
Disadvantages of Instant Play Casinos
- The sounds, graphics and overall functionality are often not as good as they are in the downloaded applications.
- Game variety and volume are usually considerably smaller than in installed casinos.
- Banking facilities may be minimal.
Make Your Decision With Ease
You’ve probably noticed that the advantages of downloaded casinos are the advantages of their instant-play counterparts, and vice versa. This means that the different options will work better for different players with different options, so take the time you need to make this decision properly.
If you share your computer with others, for example, installing your chosen casino software might not be possible or fair since it would take up more than your share of available memory space. If, on the other hand, you’re interested in a very rare game or in several differently nuanced variations of a single game such as blackjack, you might need the fuller capacity that a download offers.
For mobile players in particular, or players who want to try several different online casinos and who generally visit many various platforms, instant play casino games might be the obvious solution. Many players try online casinos out in their instant play formats, and then move on to downloading and installing them when they feel satisfied with what they have to offer.
It all depends what works best for you and your current situation, and it’s important to remember that you can always change your mind. While uninstalling the software might be a little tricky, it can definitely be done! Focus on what you need to make the best of your online casino experiences now.
Our Software Reviews