How To Choose A Casino Game
What Types of Games do Canadians Enjoy?
Statistically in Canada gaming and gambling are very popular activities. Not only do Canadians enjoy playing at the best Canadian online Casinos and Bingo websites, but they also frequently buy lottery tickets and place bets on sports games and horseraces. The graph below looks at data from a study on Internet Gaming in Canada by the Canadian Gaming Association and shows the percentage of the population who participate in different gambling activities.
A study by the Canadian Gaming Association shows that the main motivation for gambling is enjoyment, whilst only a quarter gamble in order to win money.
The majority of Canadians gamble responsibly, either taking advantage of free games or Bonus offers, or by carefully managing their budget. Over 75% will always set a limit on how much they are willing to spend at a Casino and will stop gambling after that money has been spent.
It is important to remember that gambling should first and foremost be an enjoyable activity, whether playing for money or not. With this in mind it is much easier to appreciate the entertainment value of an online Casino and consider any winnings an exciting extra. Section 2 of the Guide goes into more detail about the benefits of playing for fun at an online Casino.
There are various types of Casino Games:
- Blackjack : Blackjack is among the most popular casino games in the world, both online and offline. It’s often also called Twenty-One, a reference to the hand total that every player is trying to reach. The game is actually thought to have developed from a French game called Ving-et-Un, which means Twenty-One.Over the years many different variations of the game have arisen, but the same basic rules apply to them all and the aim is always a hand total or 21. Players will enjoy discovering the nuanced versions that are available at the casinos that we recommend, and finding their favourites.
- Video Poker :Video Poker is one of the newest casino games around, having been created in the 1970s when central processing units could produce the colours and graphics for the games. Since everything takes place on a screen, the games translated perfectly to online and mobile casinos where all games are shown on the graphic displays of whatever device is being used.Video Poker combines the immediate thrills of Slots games with the cerebral pleasures of traditional Poker games, and many players start their card playing careers off by getting familiar with Video Poker basics. With several variations, there’s something for everyone.
- Baccarat :The simple elegance of Baccarat makes the game a must for every player. It was first played in the noble houses of Italy and then France, and although it is much less exclusive today the game is as sophisticated as it ever was.The cards being dealt in Baccarat are down to chance, as is the case in Video Poker, Poker and Blackjack, but unlike in these games there is nothing that can be done in response to the hands that are dealt. Strategy in Baccarat is completely down to placing shrewd bets, and smart players can do very well.
Roulette is one of the great classic casino games. It’s based on betting where a ball dropped on a spinning wheel will land when the wheel comes to rest, so it’s another game that is determined completely by chance. Once again, all the strategy of the game comes in with the wagers that are placed.
Over the years a few different variations of Roulette have arisen, the most common being French, European and American. The rules for each of these differ very slightly, but this can have a huge impact on each game’s outcome, as the American version house edge is nearly double that of its European and French counterparts.
Live Casino Games
For the ultimate in authentic experiences when playing online, many games can be played with Live Dealers. Trained croupiers manage the games using real-life casino equipment, and all the action is streamed directly to the player’s device. As long as the Internet connection is robust enough to support a video feed well, the action flows seamlessly and the atmosphere of a brick-and-mortar casino is beautifully recreated.
The most commonly found Live Dealer games are Blackjack, Baccarat and Roulette, but there are several others to be found. The pace is different to non-live games, and they complement each other well.
Slot machines require players to spin a series of reels in order to line up certain letters/icons/bonuses on the screen. They are intrinsically entertaining and players will find a huge range of styles and themes to suit any mood; from 3-Reel to 5-Reel Slots, classic fruit images to blockbuster movies, and some featuring incredible 3-D animations, Slots really are crowd-pleasers.
Dice games are most likely the oldest form of gambling still in existence today. They are almost entirely based on chance and, as such, rarely require any skills. A player's chances at a dice game can, however, be improved by fully understanding the betting rules and optimising strategies in this respect. Craps is the most common Dice game found at Casinos and can bring much enjoyment to all level of player.
Craps: This game is probably the most popular dice game in existence. The origins of Craps can be traced back to 18th century England when the game was still known as Hazard. So popular was this game that French nobles upon their arrival in the New World took it straight to their colony of choice – New Orleans. As was the case with many casino games that were brought over to the US all those years ago, the rate at which it spread was phenomenal and in no time Craps was hot property at all the gambling hotspots of the day – Mississippi steamboats for one – eventually finding itself where it still resides today – the floors of Vegas and Atlantic City. The craps table might seem like a complex one with all its various bets and lines which is why we recommend that when you try out online craps, and that you do so in practice play mode first.
- Tripps: The lesser known dice game, especially in the world of online casino games. Its origins are uncertain although some claim that the game was developed as a way to fill the gap during which nefarious activities were taking place – possibly when thugs and bootleggers were waiting on a shipment of liquor during prohibition. Tripps works with 5 dice pieces and while all sides of the dice are taken at face value – 3 is not. The aim of this game is to get the lowest score, hence the reason why five 3’s is the lowest score possible. An automatic win is also achieved when a player lands a total of five 6’s.
- Cee-Lo: Joining Tripps in that it’s not really big in the exciting world of digital, mobile and online gambling. It does however warrant being mentioned for a few reasons. Firstly, this game is popular, so much so in fact that Thomas Calloway, AKA Ceelo Green, took his stage name from this dice game. Apparently the origins of this one go all the way back to ancient China. Today Cee-lo is available in a number of variations and always operates with 3 dice pieces. The best possible outcome when rolling the dice is a 4, 5, 6 combination, also known as a Cee-lo.
Sic Bo: Traces its origins all the way back to ancient China and while the name itself implies two or a pair, this game is played with three dice pieces. In terms of availability, Sic Bo is available at many online casinos, including the ones you’ll find through us. This game has true international appeal as it can be found in the Philippines and Macau – the East’s answer to Las Vegas. This game comes with an interesting betting layout because it closely resembles that of roulette and even offers similar bets like odds/evens. Bets are placed on triple digit outcomes.
Bunco: This game is quite popular on the online/mobile casino scene and goes by the name Bunko and Bonko too. Once again origins to back to the original empire – Britain – back to the 19th century where the game was known as Eight Dice Cloth. Apparently it was introduced to the United States by a professional gambler who travelled from the East Cost to the West Coast during the Gold Rush, stopping where required and letting people in on the game. It gained tremendous popularity with female players and this is still the case today. The game uses three deice pieces along with a score sheet for the recording of scores.