Google Chrome’s Success Story
For more than 10 years, Internet Explorer was the go-to web browser for Internet users around the world. IE’s success would be short-lived, however, given its constant bugs, security issues and general sluggish speed. Of course, Safari for Mac iOS and Mozilla Firefox wasted no time in giving IE a run for its money, especially seeing as Microsoft effortlessly outlasted Netscape. However, the layout of the web browser landscape changed considerably when Google’s Chrome browser hit the market in December of 2008. The open-source application now holds an exceptional 40% of global browser market share, and is compatible with Windows, MacOS, Linux, Android and iOS. With so many advantages, it’s easy to see why the browser has overtaken both Firefox and IE in recent years.
Why Chrome Is So Well Loved
Advantages And Disadvantages of Google Chrome
Whether you want a smoother gaming experience or more user-friendly browsing overall, there are many reasons why so many people are switching to Chrome. This browser’s main advantages are:
- Chrome is exceptionally fast when it comes to loading and displaying pages, and has fewer bugs and unresponsive scripts on average than many other browsers.
- Many applications are designed specifically for Chrome due to its widespread popularity, and run more smoothly on the browser because of this.
- It has a basic, easy to use design with more in-depth development tools for those who wish to use them.
- Your most frequently visited pages will be listed automatically and are easy to access from your Chrome home page.
- Built-in Google Translate automatically translates web pages in other languages.
- Incognito Mode allows you to browse the web without being tracked or the browser retaining any of your web history.
- Chrome allows you to unify your experience by logging into your Google account on any devices you prefer, including mobile.
- The browser also has a variety of plugins and extensions available to customise your experience.
More Casino News: