Steve Wynn Wants To Sue Wynn Hotels
Posted on November 12, 2018 at 11:11am
Let it never be said that casino and gaming business tycoon Steve Wynn did not provide the industry with a fair share of excitement. The latest twist in the plot is the fact that he is now suing his former company, Wynn Hotels, for millions. The hotel chain is being sued for allegedly having released confidential reports to investigators working for the Gaming Commission. The Gaming Commission as well as the commission’s head of investigations have also been added as respondents in the court proceedings.
According to reports, the documents contain details relating to Steve Wynn’s involvement in a sexual harassment lawsuit. The only reason that the documents had ended up in the possession of Wynn Hotels is the fact that the information forms part of shared litigation proceedings. The company had been added as a party in the joint litigation suit due to the way that it had handled the initial complaints against him.
No Surprise For Commission
According to Edward Bedrosian, Executive Director of the Gaming Commission, Wynn’s lawsuit did not come as a surprise. He had approached the court seeking relief in the way of an interdict preventing any further information regarding the investigation from being released.
Bedrosian said that the move was in fact so predictable, that the commission had already briefed and retained counsel in Nevada in order for the interdict proceedings to be finalised as quickly as possible, so that the actual adjudication hearing could officially commence.
No Isolated Incident
According to Bedrosian, the commission expects to make the findings regarding Wynn’s alleged sexual misconduct, public by the beginning of December. The commission has been investigating multiple allegations of sexual misconduct, as well as the group’s response to those allegations at the time when they were made.
In a report published by the Wall Street Journal in January of this year, Wynn had been guilty of numerous counts of sexual misconduct spread out over the course of more than a decade. To add insult to injury, he had allegedly paid a settlement to the tune of $7.5 million to an aggrieved manicurist who had accused him of sexual misconduct. The Gaming Commission’s involvement stems from the fact that the settlement in question had not been disclosed at the time of the group’s initial licence application.
More Casino News: