Online Gambling Advice for Canadians
Here at GamblingInsider.ca we know that it is crucial that all of our readers have a great time gambling and never lose large amounts of money. The best online gambling advice that we can give to you is never to spend more money than you can afford to lose. If you think of gambling purely as a form of entertainment then you can’t go wrong.
Of course winning is great, but online Casinos are not designed to let everyone win all of the time. The fun is in not knowing and, if you stick to your budget, you’re far more likely to end up winning overall.
Online Gambling Advice: Gambling Problems
For some people, their online Casino gaming can start to get out of control. Some signs that your gambling may be crossing into the “problem gambling” category include:
- Lack of sleep from worrying about gambling
- Prioritising gambling over other responsibilities such as work or school
- Using gambling to make money or pay off debts
It’s never safe or healthy to use gambling to make up for your losses, so if you’ve spent as much money as you can afford to lose, then you should stop playing until you have more money with which you can afford to play.
Online Gambling Advice: Gambling Addiction
Canadian Online Casinos are designed to be a place where you can have fun, but if you have a gambling addiction then your enjoyment won’t be reliant on the games but on whether or not you’re winning or losing, which is an unhealthy mentality to have. Only a very small percentage of Canadians develop a gambling problem, but it’s important for all players to take on board our online gambling advice to ensure that you game safely and responsibly.
Online Gambling Advice: Knowing When to Stop
When gambling online you might have noticed the thrill you get when you’re on a winning streak – it can make you feel almost invincible. However, many successful online Casino players follow the maxim of “stop whilst you’re ahead” in order that they call it a day before their luck changes. Even if you think you might be able to win just a bit more cash, stopping before it’s too late is a great way to walk away with your head held high and some money in your online Casino account.
Online Gambling Advice: Asking for Help
All of the best online Casinos offer online gambling advice and options for any player who thinks that they may have a gambling problem. Taking the first step and asking for help can enable you to stop spending your money before it is too late. Online Casinos allow any player to self-exclude from the site forever, or for a set amount of time, so you can control the access you have to online gambling.
Additionally there are several great organisations in Canada that can offer support and online gambling advice to online Casino players if they need any assistance. You can find a list of these support services below. If you think you may be struggling with a gambling problem, get in touch with one of the organisations below so that you can get the support that you need.
Online Gambling Advice and Support for Canadian Players:
- Canadian Centre on Substance Abuse - www.ccsa.ca
- Canadian Mental Health Association - www.cmha.ca
- Centre for Addiction and Mental Health (CAMH) - www.camh.ca
- Kids Help Phone - www.kidshelpphone.ca
- Alberta Health Services - www.albertahealthservices.ca
- British Columbia Partnership for Responsible Gambling - www.bcresponsiblegambling.ca
- Addictions Foundation of Manitoba - www.afm.mb.ca
- Newfoundland and Labrador Helpline - www.health.gov.nl.ca
- Nova Scotia Gaming Foundation - www.nsgamingfoundation.org
- Gamblers Anonymous Ontario - www.gamblersanonymousontario.org
- Prince Edward Island Health Information Resources - www.gov.pe.ca
- Le centre quebecois d'excellence prevention et le traitement du jeu - www.psy.ulaval.ca